1. Navigate a complicated process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multipage settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Information and opinions. REALTORS can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Help finding the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR to find all available properties.
4. Negotiating skills. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Someone who speaks the language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you have done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Objective voice. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, homebuying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll every make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay
Author:Kathy Toonder Phone: 941-544-7270 Dated: January 21st 2015 Views: 672 About Kathy: I enjoy walking the warm sandy beaches, swimming and watching the magnificent sunsets on Florida’s...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
I enjoy walking the warm sandy beaches, swimming and watching the magnificent sunsets on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Thirty years ago I came from Michigan to the Sarasota area to enjoy the beaches of the Sunshine State. The “Beach Communities” Longboat Key, Lido Key, Siesta Key and Casey Key are what draw everyone to make Sarasota their home!
Sarasota the “Cultural Capital” of Florida attracts homeowners that want more than just a beach experience. Sarasota and Manatee communities with the growth of new housing maintain their elegant but laid back style. It is a great place to make it your home to be able to enjoy lush natural environment and the amenities of a modern city.
I became a home owne r in Lakewood Ranch an award winning 17,500 acre site that provides a beautiful master planned, maintained and golf community. Get the picture: blue waters, white sand, plenty of sun, blue skies, fabulous food, casual outdoor dining, amazing fishing, play golf, boat races, music and art festivals….
My focus is to best understand the goals and visions of my clients, ensuring all decisions are made with a wealth of information and the necessary tools for a successful, rewarding experience.
I have found my “Slice of Heaven” I look forward to you finding yours!